City Edge CharismaAn uncompromising city fringe lifestyle awaits the next lucky owners of this character filled two bedroom single fronted timber period residence. Nestled in an alluring streetscape, lined with historic cottages, artisan studios and revitalised warehouses, including the recently restored Young Husband Wool Stores, it offers unique appeal. An inviting façade, decorated with iron lacework, leadlight aspect and original sash windows, reveals lengthy hallway leading into a central living room featuring open fireplace, high ceilings, polished Baltic pine floorboards and entry to an intimate side courtyard. An extended floor plan comprises central kitchen, displaying white Westinghouse gas stove and dishwasher, and light filled meals zone enjoying easy access to a sunny alfresco courtyard with handy storage options. Positioned off the hall are two spacious double bedrooms, both present built-in-robes and feature picture rails, rosettes and timber surround open fireplaces with cast iron inserts. Servicing the bedrooms is an updated bathroom, with laundry function, and separate toilet. A Rinnai heater and split system keep the temperature just right. Adding appeal is rear laneway access, via lockable gate, and potential for car space/access from the right-of-way. Mere moments from Macaulay and Kensington stations, cycle paths, great cafes and hip artisan establishments such as the Henry Street Brewhouse.
- Charming two bedroom period home resides opposite artisan district
- Light filled living, meals spaces spill to tranquil alfresco courtyards
- Well equipped kitchen, plus ornate open fireplaces and high ceilings
- Character-filled bedrooms present BIRS, updated bathroom/laundry
- Polished Baltic pine floors, split-system, potential car park via ROW
- Sunny alfresco courtyard
- Moments to trains, Kensington Village, cycle paths, CBD and CityLink